Wednesday, July 29

Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?

Definitely not me ... I've turned into a twilight fan, while I was poorly with lot's of time on my hands, I decided to read twilight to see what all the hype was about, well ... I just couldn't put it down. So then I had to by the rest of the saga and before I knew it I'd read all four books thrice ... yes I did say three times ... how sad am I?

But I have to say my fave is Jacob (not Edward) ... I looked around for a tote bag ... but didn't find anything I really liked, so ... why not make my own. I used some 'iron-on transfer paper', designed what I wanted on the bag on my pc and printed them out.
Then after allowing the images to dry for 15 minutes, I cut around them but not to close as the paper has a tendency to curl if it has to many intricate shapes. I ironed the bag nice and flat, removed the backing paper and laid the images down in position. Using a piece of baking parchment (not greaseproof paper as this sticks to the image) and a hot iron (no steam), I ironed the transfers into place using a fair amount of pressure, but only for about 20 seconds on each area (otherwise the transfer will burn and lose it's colour).

I love it, and so many people have asked where I got it, cool.

Happy crafting friends.
Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment