Thursday, October 8

Fairie Dreams

Morning ladies, I've had a break for a couple of weeks ... catching up on family etc. I have a couple of cards today, both made using "My Craft Studio". You must all be fed up with me making cards using the PC, but I'm so in love with this program, I can't tell you how much fun it is to have complete control over the images you use. Choosing size, colour, orientation, tint the list goes on and on, anyway back to the cards.
On this one I wanted to use a floral corner image I found on "mcs - floral cd", it comes in decoupage layers, which I thought was a different slant on a card, rather than decoupaging the main image, decoupage the corner detail. I chose a fairy image and a butterfly and colour coordinated them with the corner image and dp. I matted the dp onto brown and gold mirri card, punching the bottom edges to make it pretty and then mounted this onto a burgundy card base.
I then matted the fairy onto brown and the greeting onto gold and brown card that I'd run through my cuttlebug with my scallop nesties and added both of these to the card with some brown organza ribbon in front of the fairy but behind the greeting. I continued by adding the corner decoupage and adding gold glitter pen the the flower centres so they would match the glitter on the butterfly. The butterfly I sprayed with gold glitter varnish, decoupaged the three layers up and added pink mini gems for the body. To finish I made two double bows (one slightly larger than the other) and glued them to the card.I love the way it's turned out, lovely and soft colours with a feel of magic. Hope you like it, back later.
Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment