Saturday, November 21

A Mole Apology

This card was an order. A lady I work with, has a neighbour who for years suffered with moles in her garden. After numerous attempts at humane forms of catching them unfortunately she paid someone to rid her garden of them. She didn't have them destroyed but it must have been very distressing for the moles and she was very upset by this. My friend has a weird sense of humour and wanted a card from the moles apologising for the destruction of her garden, so set me to work on a card with this theme.
With "my craft studio" I made moles diecut pyramage, a gorgeous background and a humorous insert. Then I printed then all out. I matted and layered the front panel and added it to the card. Using spellbinders scallop nesties I made two mats and added the mole pyramage to it. Along with some leaf punches and a punched flower I decorated the front of the card.
Then I simply added the insert and voila, one sorry card from the moles to a lady who was upset she had to have them removed from her garden in such a distressing way. The card made her smile, it was a comfort to her and let's hope the moles are happier in their new home in the countryside.

Enjoy your weekend girls, back soon.
Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment