Tuesday, May 12

Disco Diva

Well I did manage to get this card made before the cuttlebug died ... the image is a digi download from squigglefly called '80's dancer', just perfect for Pam as she love's 80's music and dancing.
I printed her out several times and coloured her with whispers stamp pens, then cut my choice of layers, shaped and decoupaged her up and set her aside to dry. I wanted the background to look like a nite club, so I added a disco ball (clipart matted onto nestie) and arranged the papers to look like light radiating from it, with fine border peel offs to tidy the cut edges. I made the central layer by running pure white paper through the cuttlebug using the swirls embossing folder, matted onto red mirri and added a couple of my ruffled border punch strips (which I love doing).
Then I added a greeting plate and mini roses, that were originally cream, which didn't fit the theme, so I coloured them with the whispers pens and added leaves punched from pure white paper. Finally I added the 80's dancer and finished with a few mini flower in red.
This is nothing like my original idea, it just sort of ran away from me and I'm not as happy with it as I could be ... maybe different colours would've been better?

Back later, happy crafting.
Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment