Saturday, March 20

All The Way To India

I enjoyed making this, it's not very often your asked to make a card for someone from a different culture. But the recipient of this card was spending Christmas in India and wouldn't be back here in the UK until after her birthday, which was between Christmas and New Year, so it needed to travel well.I wanted the card to reflect her cultural heritage and found some images on a cd from "my Craft Studio", the images were lovely and bright, just what i wanted. I printed out all the images, the backing paper was a tint of the original image of Indian deities. I cut the elephant out, decoupaged it and mounted it onto a nesty scallop diecut and highlighted the image with a sakura glitter pen. On the black mount I stamped some swirls with versamark and heat embossed with gold. A layer of pink, border punched with "martha stewart" arch, some flowers and organza ribbon and the card was done.
I made an insert to match using "MCS", with a lovely sentiment for birthday wishes across the miles.Thanks for stopping by.
Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment