Friday, March 26

Popcorn Passions

I made this card using a "Crafter's Companion" cd rom - "popcorn romance". Popcorn is a gorgeous little teddy, that's been used for cross stitch for years and recently they started their range of knit-able soft toys. Around eight months ago "Crafter's Companion" did a triple disc set of popcorn for birthdays, then another set at Christmas and for valentine's day a romance set.I used the images in "My Craft Studio" and changed the colour to brown (it was various colours before). You can't see from the photo, but the contrast background paper has little horseshoes on it. I cut the backing papers diagonally, mounted the sized pieces onto gold mirri card and added thin gold peel offs for that luxurious feel. I used 1" wide ribbon around the bottom mount.Then for the top, I used nesty petite scallop circle in gold mirri card and mounted it to the card with 3d foam. Then I added the decoupage to the die cut circle and added each layer with silicone glue. I prefer silicone glue for decoupage that has a natural element, so people, animals and flowers for example wouldn't be flat in actual life, so to make them look more real, I shape each layer of the decoupage, by using silicone, I get just the right depth and shape I need, that I wouldn't be able to get if I used 3d foam pads. However each product has it's uses, for pyramage/invertage and my mats/layers, I use 3d foam pads.
Then I added a peel off greeting and a few gold gems, I made an insert to match and rounded the corners, like I did the main card. Rounding corners not only gives the card a more professional finish, but can help soften the look of a card, which is great for ladies and romantic cards alike.

A little late in the day for me, be back tomorrow.
Thanks for popping in.
Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment