Saturday, March 20

Christening Shoe

I made it for my gorgeous great niece Lexie's christening. Wanting something different from the norm, I had seen this done on "SCS" and couldn't wait to try it. I cut the pattern out onto bazzil bling card in ivory and stamped onto it with pink die based ink and added glitter to the flowers. I followed the instructions to make the shoe up and added funky foam in bright pink for the sole. I used self adhesive braiding around the sole, to hide where it had been glued to the shoe, as it looked a bit messy. With a brad for the buckle and a few punched flowers and narrow (3mm) ribbon attached to the heel, the shoe was finished.I had to make a box from scratch, I added an acetate window, some punched border strips (martha stewart) around the base to emulate fencing, with grass and flowers to finish. I used quickutz die "pea pod" and nesties for a pretty embellishment and printed out the days details onto meltdust paper and heat embossed it using silver meltdust.I am really pleased with my first attempt, many more to come I think.
Hope your having a great day.
Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment