Tuesday, September 8

Sweetest First Kiss

I love Sarah Kay stamps, they take me back to my childhood. This stamp "first kiss" is so sweet, perfect for any age and many occasions.

I wanted to keep this card muted with a splash of a bright colour. I stamped the image with black stayzon and coloured it using whispers brush pens, then I embossed around the image with a gorgeous template I had cheap during a craft sale in my local store (it had no packaging ... so I don't know the manufacturer). I lightly tinted the embossing with pale green chalk, just to high light the embossing and then mounted it onto brown card and cut a thin border, just to lift the white from the cream layer beneath it. It isn't very clear on the pic, but the cream layer has been stamped with pale green hearts.I added a ready made greeting and pearly hearts from my stash. Used organza ribbon across the card, with a bow to match. The large flower is a poinsettia (a digi download from "fred she said"), but in this colour I think it can be used for any occasion. I shaped the flower with a ball tool, sprayed it with "crafter's companion" - silver glitter spray and used white seed beads in the centre. Punched some brown leaves, green branches and tiny white flowers and decorated around the card to add more interest.I think it turned out OK, it's maybe a little overworked ...
I've always had a problem knowing when to stop.

Happy crafting ladies.
Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment