Sunday, September 20

Motown Mania

This card was a request, for someone who adores Motown music. It has taken me ages to even think of what I could do, I had a total mind block.
But then ... out of the blue ... in it popped ... an idea ... and then I couldn't wait to make it. I decided to use the Motown theme in an unusual way, make a record, not the real type of course, but the type we used to play. You know when you could here what they were singing, lol. So I had to go on the hunt and find some images that I could use and yet again "my craft studio" came to the rescue. All the images are from the Hollywood greats ladies cd. So I made sure each image was the size and colour I wanted and printed them out.
I layered the jukebox image onto a printed record and made a label, just like a real record. I added peeloff borders and glitter pen to highlight the sparkles on the jukebox. I diecut scallop circles around lip images and added them to the card with 3d foam pads, with star gems and glitter pen to highlight. I aged the music background sheet for a different look and added stars and peeloffs. For the envelope I made a paper sleeve, like records used to come in.Hope you like this card. Take care.
Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment