Monday, September 7

Superhero Superpants

OK ... I've had requests for cards that I simply don't understand ... but this one had me giggling. When I was asked if I would be able to make it, I simply couldn't wait to get started. A little bit of research for the logo and colours and I was ready to plunge myself into the world of men's underpants.I used "colour my world" underpants template (same set as boobs & booties). I made the outer pants in red and did faux stitching around the edges, for the main fabric I used two shades of blue, a lighter one for the inside of the leg holes and a darker one for the main body. I used ink to tint the blue to make it look more like shaded fabric. I found a superman logo and printed it out the size I wanted onto card and used it as a template.Again I tinted the layers of the logo and added white sakura pen to highlight the it to make it look 3d. I then layered the pants onto yellow dotted card, tinted to match the underpants and added die cut stars. For the greeting/name, I used my cuttlebug to die cut my quickutz "metro" alphabet from yellow card and used butterscotch ink pad to tint the letters to match underpants and stars.
This card has been sooo much fun to make ...
and the response to it was fantastic.
Imagine the variations that are possible ... ummmmm.

With love
Tracie x

1 comment: