Friday, March 20

An Orchid Moment

When I came to make this card, I only had blue orchids, when I needed purple/pink ones.

So having recently purchased a 'my craft studio' cd rom, I thought I'd give a go at changing the colour ... if I was a little sceptical ... but I'm amazed. It was so easy, as long as your orignal image is a jpeg you can import the pic and change it to any colour, size, opacity etc ... no limits ... I can see this becoming one of my most used items.So to make this card I used pink/purple orchids and a purple background (both colour changed on 'my craft studio'). I matted the background paper onto silver mirri and stitched around the edge with silver thread. I used purple grosgrain ribbon across the card with a bead cap, gem and beaded heart pin and punched leone em ash branch in mauve to finish.For the circles, I cut two in the different background layers one slightly larger than the other and mounted together and edged with fine silver peeloffs. For the main image I layered to scalloped circles and placed the decoupage on top. I raised the scalloped circle up with extra thick 3d foam so that I could pass the ribbon behind it and so that you can still see the pink card underneath through the circle.I finished the card with a 'to you from us' sentiment, cut with labels 2 nestabilitie die and three purple gems.

Tracie x

1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful Tracie! I love the delicate colours you have used!X

    ReplyDelete