Thursday, March 19

Rugby Rookie In Stitches

Good morning everyone ... well it would be if I hadn't been woken at 7.30am by the council preparing the road for resurface today. Could they possibly have been any louder? It's typical any other day I would have been up for work, but I have a later start today and would have like at least an extra hour in bed ... nevermind, back to cards.

Don't you just love this gorgeous Edwin stamp from magnolia.

He's actually the footie boy, but as the ball isnt quite symetrical I thought it would work well for rugby too ... with the help of a bit of added detail.

I stamped the background with white stayzon rugby balls. Diecut and coloured the lettering (cuttlebug Kids), the greeting (Cuttlebug small embossing folder and diecut using nesty scallop small) and the Edwin image is watercoloured and decoupaged in the colours of the team Dan plays for.

I cuttlebugged a fiskars texture plate (mosiac effect with silicone sheet), set six blue eyelets and laced with coloured paper to match lettering. I added fake stitching around the edge to simulate a rugby ball.

Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment