Thursday, March 19

Pink Petticoat Pockets

These adorable sour cream containers were been made for one of Liz's challenges on her Pink Petticoat Site. The challenge is was make some containers using her papers and as I love these sweet little boxes, I had to get involved.Made from one A4 sheet of printed paper from liz's 'sweet cupcake' range. I also printed out a sheet of greetings and flowers to match.

I didnt have any pink brads, so I covered four gold round brads with pva glue and dipped them in pink glitter and let them dry for about an hour. I used my cuttlebug to cut the sentiments and matted them on black paper. I cut out two flowers of different sizes and layered and shaped them and held them together with my pink glittered brads.Thankyou Liz for the yummy challenge.

Well once I started I kinda couldn't stop, lol. I thought to myself, what would they be like smaller? So instead of four from an A4 sheet, I made eight (they measure 3"x2"). They were a little fiddly to do and I could only get one sweety in them, but how sweet are they!

Of course they are made in the same way ... ish. I didn't do centre's for the flowers as I didn't have anything small enough and I had to use narrow double sided tape (and a bit of pva as the tape didnt hold that well ... they kept popping open), but they are so cute.I gave them to the girls I work with, as a little valentine gift.

Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment