Wednesday, March 18

Swell News

We had some swell news this new year, my nephew and his fiance are expecting a baby. I'm already a Great Aunt, my eldest niece saw to that fourteen months ago, with a gorgeous great nephew, Toby. For our family 2008 had been pretty rough all round and the news of a new addition brought everyone to tears.

So naturally, I had to make a card for them.Made using handbag cards I got from a £1 shop (six handbag cards, envelopes and a bag of gems for £1, what a bargain) and magnolia "expecting tilda" and "fence" stamps. I coloured the images with whispers brush stroke pens. Diecut the mount using nestability scallop dies, the tilda is cut out and layered with silicone glue, to add extra dimension. I added prima flowers with pearl brads and punched grass. For extra detail I added fake stitching around the handbag.

Now we just have to wait for the happy event in July.

Tracie x

No comments:

Post a Comment